Baptism by Water

The photo above was taken by my good friend and brother in Christ, David Marshall. He is also a mentor of mine and one who disciples me. It captures me (left) hugging our Church Pastor Chris Zarbaugh after my baptism on August, 22 2010. It is a memory that shall always be embedded in my heart.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Romans 15:4

I don't usually do this, to avoid any misinterpretation that I boast in myself but I know that if I should boast in anything, I boast in Christ who is my Lord. And I feel as if I'm meant to share this page of my quiet time journal today and what God has taught me today. I've been reading through Romans and now 1 Corinthians. I came along this verse in 1 Corinth. 15:33 which the apostle Paul warns us not to be misled, that bad company corrupts good character. And it's obvious that sometimes we are tempted to conform to worldly desires (Romans 12:2) and to do things that are acceptable as "social norms" such as getting drunk, doing drugs or doing anything harmful to our bodies, even sex outside of marriage. And then I remember reading a verse in Romans 15:4 saying that it is through the endurance and encouragement of the scriptures that we might have hope, for it was written to teach us because the same issues back then occur today. Even issues that we may consider small. Which takes me to a verse that has been on my heart for the past couple weeks, 1 Corinthians 10:31. "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." How compelling, that Paul applied the scriptures to EVERYTHING that we do!  Even eating and drinking! Meaning we must honor our bodies for The Lord because we are not our own, we were bought at a price. The price of the blood of the lamb. So that means if we don't take care of our bodies, such as if we don't drink enough water when we're training at CrossFit, or for a marathon, or if we don't eat enough to sustain daily tasks, then we're not truly honoring our bodies for God. In opposite, we are weakening ourselves and giving the enemy the upper hand. So it's my prayer to those who follow Christ and believe in this truth to take heart these words that we might bring glory to God in all that we do and be prepared for when He decides to use us each day in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment