Baptism by Water

The photo above was taken by my good friend and brother in Christ, David Marshall. He is also a mentor of mine and one who disciples me. It captures me (left) hugging our Church Pastor Chris Zarbaugh after my baptism on August, 22 2010. It is a memory that shall always be embedded in my heart.

Monday, March 3, 2014

We All Fall Down Sometimes







I find myself most vulnerable to God when I am in a state of need, a need of his forgiveness and mercy when I am too in touch with my human side of this reality. It is a time when we as followers of Christ find it healthy to step back and repent, whether from selfish desires, a bad habit or perhaps we find ourselves in need of a change in our career path. And in this moment of needing to hear of His grace and mercy I am found listening to this exceptional song by Chris Tomlin...

As I am listening to this song, I find myself overwhelmed and relieved with a sense of healing, of peace and of rest in my Lord. 

The words that are sung, "We fall down, we lay our crowns at the feet of Jesus" paints an image to me that no matter who we are, regardless of where we come from, we are all imperfect human beings guilty of sin and we have the tremendous mercy of God to be allowed to approach Him at the foot of the cross and be one with Him in humility, fallen down on our knees, just as Jesus was humiliated as He died for us. 

And this is where we find healing, forgiveness and cleansing of our souls. Even more, we find that we are loved and are given second chances, a thousand times! No matter what it is that we have done, we all have fallen short. 

But yet "the greatness of mercy and love," is found at the foot of the cross as the song sings. To me it is a song of confession, of praise and rejoice especially when the words come "we cry Holy, holy, holy, is the Lamb." And this verse leaves me in awe of our Lord because to me, it is Him allowing me to call Him mine, my Lord who is Holy and I am His!

For He is "Holy, Holy, Holy and he is the lamb" led to the slaughter for my sins! And somehow, in a way that surpasses human knowledge and of my own understanding, this shows me that He loves me regardless of the blemishes of my past, present and future.

This leads me to cry, Holy, Holy, Holy is the lamb! 
And I am replenished by His redeeming love, his triumph from the blood of the lamb causes me to rejoice in the victory that is His and is pouring out in my life as a walking testimony of His Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment